The Alliance of Illinois Judges has formed a Scholarship committee. The express purpose of the Committee is to award each year up to three $1000.00 scholarships to LGBTQ Law Students. The Alliance of Illinois Judges’ objective in making these awards is to provide some assistance to LGBTQ Law Students as they endeavor to enter the field of law. In order to apply for this scholarship the applicant must be enrolled in an accredited Illinois law school. First, second and third year full and part time students are encouraged to apply and are given equal consideration.
To apply please submit the following information to the Scholarship Committee on or before May 1, 2018:
1. A current resume.
2. Law School Transcript.
3. A statement about your commitment and contribution to the LGBTQ community (please limit to 500 words).
4. A personal statement about your experience as a LGBTQ person (please limit to 500 words).
5. A statement regarding your financial need (please limit to 500 words).
All materials will be reviewed and the Scholarships will be awarded at the AIJ Annual meeting in June.
Materials should be sent as attachments in an email to:
Subject line should state:
AIJ Scholarship Committee
Email should be written to:
Judge Mary Colleen Roberts
Have you applied for Associate Judge in Cook County?
The Alliance of Illinois Judges would like to hear from you.
Please answer the following and provide your bar ratings and resume.
1. List your community service including civic, bar association and legal community activities.
2. List your activities that directly impacted the LGBTQ community.
3. Provide a personal statement that includes the reasons for your interest in the judiciary.
Submissions must be received or postmarked by January 8, 2018.
Please mail or deliver to:
The Hon. Mary Trew,
Domestic Relations Division,
50 W Washington St. Suite 3003,
Chicago, IL. 60602
Or send via email to:
October 4, 2017
AIJ Second Annual Cocktail Party
Celebrating National Coming Out Day!
Plymouth Bar and Grill-Rooftop Bar
327 S. Plymouth
June 21, 2017
Annual Meeting and Installation of Officers
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Annual Meeting and Installation of Officers. The evening celebrated a diverse judiciary and the contributions of Owen Daniel-McCarter to the LGBTQ community.
Special thanks to Chief Judge Timothy Evans for his encouraging remarks and swearing in of the officers.
Click below to download and read the Hon. Mary Trew, AIJ President's speech: